To celebrate 80 years since the launch of Hasselblad’s first camera, the HK-7, in 1941, a leading manufacturer of digital medium format cameras and lenses launches the 907X Anniversary Edition Kit that includes a CFV II 50C digital back, 907X camera body, control grip, optical viewfinder, and XCD 3,5/30 Lens. Available for pre-orde now, the $15,000 edition is limited to just 800 kits.
Over the past 80 years, Hasselblad innovated medium format and imaging technology with cutting-edge developments and unique photography styles. In the 1950s, the Swedish brand created its first wide-angle camera series, the Super Wide Camera. Instead of using a mirror, it used a rangefinder design which allowed the rear element to be placed closer to the focal plane, reducing aberration and distortion.
The 30mm wide-angle lens in the Hasselblad 907X Anniversary Edition Kit was selected as a tribute to the Biogon 38mm wide-angle lens used in the SWC. The 907X Anniversary Edition lens has a brand-new lens design and features a delicately etched focus ring in a Hasselblad logo print. The camera and grip in the kit are wrapped in black grain leatherette and highlighted with anodized Lunar Grey trim. One side of the camera features a commemorative plate that reads “Since 1941.”
In addition to live view and autofocus, the 907X camera body is fully compatible with HC/HCD, V, and XPan Lens Adapters, enhancing image capture possibilities with the CFV II 50C digital back. The CFV II 50C digital back has a touch and tilt rear display that allows for effortless waist-level shooting.
Main features of the anniversary kit include:
- Large medium format 50MP 43.8 x 32.9mm CMOS sensor
- Up to 14 stops of dynamic range
- 16-bit color definition
- Integral central lens shutter (speed from 1/2000th of a second to 68 minutes)
- Hasselblad Natural Color Solution (HNCS)
- 3.2-inch TFT rear display, 2.36 M dots, tilts up to 90 degrees for waist-level shooting, supports 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz wireless connection
- USB-C port for charging, up to 5Gbps transmission rate
- Dual UHS-II SD card slots
- Hasselblad User Interface(HUI), easy to use and intuitive
- Compatible with Phocus Mobile 2 for tethered capture, image editing, importing and exporting photos, and firmware updates