Nobu Hotel London Portman Square has partnered with abstract artist Matt Jukes and Japanese spirits brand House of Suntory to create an interactive experience titled ‘Feelscape.’ From now until January 31, the hotel is inviting guests into its experiential gallery space The White Box to experience the unique concept that uses a specially designed AI camera to turn each viewer’s emotions into a personalized piece of art. In The Lounge, guests can enjoy a cocktail meticulously crafted in collaboration with House of Suntory, inspired by their emotions.
Matt Jukes’ ‘Feelscape’ encourages conversation, helping people to open up about their feelings. “I want to help people find that moment and to feel that connection back to their reality, as opposed to getting lost inside the stresses of the season. It’s a break away from that, to give people a moment to breathe and think about a positive change.”
With ‘Feelscape’ the camera is turned onto the viewer as their personal emotions are used to form a piece of art. As the user is encouraged to picture their future, a camera using AI locates 148 points on the individual’s face. The artist has given color to seven emotions including joyful, surprised, worried, indignant, sad, fearful, and angry, to transform each viewers’ emotions into a colorful piece of artwork. Each user will be able to download their own Feelscape onto their mobile device or purchase a personal art print in various sizes.
After that guests head to The Lounge to enjoy a specially created cocktail in partnership with the House of Suntory that is inspired by one of these seven emotions. They can sample the Sakura 75, a fruity cocktail inspired by the feeling of happiness combining Suntory Haku Vodka with Japanese yuzu citrus and Champagne, the spirit-forward Japanese Julep that uses mint and citrus notes with subtle surprises of Suntory Toki whisky, shiso and yuzu or the Genmaicha Old Fashioned, a slow sipping cocktail inspired by mindfulness.
Full cocktail list:
- Tokyo Aviation – Suntory Roku Gin, lemon juice, cherry and violet liquor, electric bitters
- Sakura 75 – Haku Vodka, Cherry blossom, Maraschino, Citrus Sherbet, Champagne
- The Kyoto Lounge – Roku Gin, Dry vermouth, Fresh raspberry, lemon, Sugar syrup, Egg white
- Japanese Julep – Toki Whisky, Shiso syrup, yuzu juice, fresh mint and shiso
- Blue Lychee Martini – Haku Vodka, lychee juice elderflower cordial, supasawa
- Genmaicha Old Fashion – Toki Whisky, toasted genmaicha syrup, angostura bitters
- Yuzu Negroni – Roku Gin, Campari, sweet vermouth, yuzu juice
Be the first to leave a review.