Porsche Cars North America, Inc. celebrates National Ice Cream Day (Sunday, July 17) by partnering with Pretty Cool Ice Cream, a small-batch creamery based in Chicago. The limited-edition ice cream pops are inspired by Porsche paint colors that coincidentally could double as ice cream flavors.
This has been a fun project and one we hope will evoke a smile, just like the customizable colors available on all of our cars. We genuinely thought there weren’t many things cooler than one of our special colors for your dream Porsche, but this ice cream might just have that beat. Pretty Cool Ice Cream has been as meticulous and passionate as we are about getting the color just right – and on top of that they’ve come up with delicious flavors to match. We hope Porsche fans and enthusiasts of all ages will enjoy the ice cream as much as we’ve loved creating it! – Ayesha Coker, Vice President of Marketing of Porsche Cars North America
The following five ice cream pops were created with eye-catching packaging to match:
- Mint Green – green mint cookies and cream ice cream with a mint green white chocolate shell.
- Strawberry Red – Cream Cheese ice cream dipped in a red strawberry shell. It is made with real freeze-dried strawberries.
- Macadamia Metallic – roasted macadamia ice cream in a sparkling macadamia metallic colored chocolate shell.
- Frozen Berry Metallic – black raspberry ice cream in a sparkling frozen berry-colored Ruby chocolate shell.
- Lime Gold Metallic – key lime pie ice cream in a sparkling lime gold-colored caramel shell.
My uncle, ‘Targa Dan,’ has always had a passion for restoring Porsche cars and has brought over 200 cars back to life over the last 50 years, so I grew up very close to the brand. When Porsche reached out to me to make some custom ice cream inspired by the paint colors, I was thrilled. Similar to all Porsche sports cars, the ice cream pops are truly a passion project that I couldn’t be more excited to share. – Dana Salls Cree, Owner of Pretty Cool Ice Cream
The Pretty Cool Lincoln Park (709 West Belden) location in Chicago will offer the ice cream pops on National Ice Cream Day on July 17. The custom ice cream pops will also be available at select Porsche events later this year.
Be the first to leave a review.