Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas has become one of the first signatories of the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative, led by the UN Environment Programme and UN World Tourism Organization, in collaboration with the Ellen MacArthur Foundation. The world-leading luxury resort brand goes beyond banning single-use plastic and unnecessary waste and pledges to be free of all plastics by the year 2022.
As a signatory of the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative, Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas commits to eliminating, innovating and circulating its use of plastics by 2025, although the brand is on its way to being Plastic Free in 2022.
Six Senses is committed to:
- Eliminating all plastics from its operations by 2022.
- Zero Waste to landfill as a general goal for all Six Senses resorts.
- Continuing its policy of no single-use shampoo and amenity bottles, plastic water bottles and plastic straws.
On signing Global Tourism Plastics initiative, Six Senses pledges to:
- Eliminating remaining unnecessary plastic packaging from our rooms and bathrooms by 2022.
- Eliminating all unnecessary plastic packaging from service areas by 2022.
- Introducing more reusable solutions in kitchens to replace unnecessary plastic packaging (cling film and plastic packaging of fresh products) by 2022.
- Introducing reusable solutions in service areas (host shops) to replace single-use packaging by 2022.
- Sourcing naturally compostable packing and other materials where appropriate.
- Working with suppliers to avoid plastic packaging, source plastic-free alternative products, and arrange packaging take-back programs wherever possible.
- Working with other hotels and industry partners to share best practices, supplier recommendations, and other information to help the industry move away from plastic.
- Sorting all waste materials, upcycling or composting when possible on site, sending to offsite recycling where available.
The Global Tourism Plastics Initiative joins more than 450 businesses, governments, and other organizations to address plastic waste and pollution at its source. To realize this vision, tourism companies destinations commit to eliminate the plastic items they don’t need; innovate so all plastics they do need are designed to be safely reused, recycled, or composted; and circulate everything they use to keep it in the economy and out of the environment.
Be the first to leave a review.