Six Senses launches its first dedicated wellness retreat in the Himalayan foothills of India. The wellness and sustainability-centric hospitality brand announced its appointment to operate Six Senses Vana back in June 2022. Launched in 2014 by Veer Singh Ji, Vana is a 21-acre wellness destination in Dehradun surrounded by clusters of Sal forest and set within its own mango and lychee orchards.
Named after the sal forest, Six Senses Vana aims to protect and nurture. Ayurveda, Yoga, Tibetan Medicine, and Natural Healing Therapies combine with a rich daily activity schedule and personalized support. Nourishing food, including an Ayurvedic specialty restaurant; therapies, including acupuncture, reflexology, and natural alignment; and a kind-hearted team complete the retreat. Unlike anywhere else, the magic lies in the way these elements are fused together to best benefit guests, based on their current state of mind and body, and personal goals for the stay. Every stay includes full-board accommodation and personalized nutrition, daily retreat activities, wellness consultation and screening, and even clothing to wear.
Guests will have a chance to get creative at the Alchemy Bar and make their own spa products in accordance with their dosha type. The bar will also serve healthy drinks, shrubs, and tonics. Along with a lifestyle concept store for sustainable fashion and spa products, there will also be a Cinema Paradiso and courts for various ball games. There will also be activities aimed at children aged six and above to learn and thrive with Grow With Six Senses.
There’s also the option to tailor the itinerary by choosing a program based on a specific wellness intention, with diagnostics and targeted guidance from the experts:
- Sleep: Tracking sleep patterns and helping guests to reset through treatments and therapies.
- Detox: With a curated meal plan, Ayurvedic treatments, therapies to slow the fight/flight response, and digital detox, energy levels will reset, bringing newfound clarity.
- Weight management: A mindset reset helping guests achieve gradual weight loss, or gain, through fitness activities, stimulating body treatments, meditation, biohacking, and a personalized meal plan.
- Yoga: For beginners and improvers in the motherland of mantras, delivered by a unique team of instructors, with private sessions, guided meditation, and breathwork with signature massages and energy treatments.
- Ayurveda: Treatments are conducted by doctors and therapists to heal imbalances in the body’s doshas.
- Tibetan Medicine: Six Senses Vana is one of the few places in the world where Sowa Rigpa is formally offered in its complete avatar.
Guests will be able to enjoy multi-sensory treatments as they float in the warmth of the Watsu pool or meditate to Raag therapy, where the hypnotic sounds of the flute bring out positive feelings.
Be the first to leave a review.